The following advice from our supply partner Diversey:
Wuhan Coronavirus is essentially an enveloped virus and Diversey stock several disinfectant products that are effective against it, such as Oxivir Excel, Oxivir Plus, Sani 4in1, Sani Des & Suma Bac D10.
The most important thing to remember to do in outbreak situation is to focus on good hand hygiene and surface disinfection, adding the additional precaution of having more hand sanitisers available around the facility and using wipes such as Oxivir Excel wipes for high touch areas such as checkouts, reception areas etc. will also help with the prevention of infection.
Diversey's Centre of Excellence team is working on a detailed response package which will have more information and also a list of products that will be effective against this virus, in the short term please find current details on the 2020 Pneumonia outbreak in Wuhan China by CLICKING HERE
Latest Information from the World Health Organisation regarding Basic Protection
While the present risk of getting the virus in the UK is low, there are basic steps to take to protect yourself and prevent the spread of the virus:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water or an alcohol based rub.
- If coughing or sneezing, cover nose and mouth with a tissue or a flexed elbow. Immediately throw away the tissue and wash hands.
- Maintain a social distance from people, particularly those who are coughing, sneezing or have a fever.
- Try not to touch eyes, nose or mouth as doing so could transmit the virus from a surface to you.
- Seek medical care early if you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing and tell the medical professionals if you have travelled in an area where 2019-nCoV has been reported or in contact with someone who has. If your symptoms are mild and have no history of contact with infected locations, stay at home until you recover.
Wearing a mask can help prevent infection but does not guarantee against it.
CLICK HERE for more information.